Pages

Friday 10 May 2013

Monday Morning School Assembly vs The Kelana Jaya Stadium Assembly - What's the damn difference?



When I was a young boy I used to hate school day Monday mornings. Waking up early after the weekend usually does that to a person. And then you were asked to go to school very early in the morning, put on your school necktie (it was a compulsory thing) and stand in assembly. You sing the National Anthem and then the headmaster would give one of his speeches. To this day I don't think I have even remembered even one of his speeches. They wasted my precious time.

You line up and are herded like cattle and then you are forced to listen to someone babble, babble and babble. And they you leave for class, or whatever uninteresting lesson that comes up after that. No one I have met has ever liked school assemblies.

Even when I was working at one of those larger companies none of my colleagues liked assemblies. We even hated when the bank unions held pickets/ mini assemblies outside their banks in those days. In short, everyone I know hated assemblies.

Now I seem to see people loving assemblies. There was one recent one at the Kelana Jaya stadium and traffic was horrible. I stayed home that night as I hate assemblies. Oh how the memories from the past suddenly comes alive.

I know most of you hated school assembly too. And now, you don't mind the hassle of being in one. Are you really really really sure? Have you used your thought process recently? 

I know the people stuck in the jams (who are not related to the assembly) will now totally hate such assemblies for the rest of their lives. Votes may be lost here you know. There are illegal assemblies and there are legal assemblies. Even the legal ones we cannot tahan some times..And you hold and illegal one...lagi tak boleh tahan lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment